This is the privacy notice of Aldium Insurance Services Ltd (registration number 3278618) whose registered address is Viscount House, High Street, Neston, Wirral, CH64 9AD referred to as we, us or our in this privacy notice.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect and process your personal data. This privacy notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists your rights in relation to your personal data.
This privacy notice relates to personal information that identifies you as a natural person (whether you are an actual or potential customer, an individual who browses our website or an individual outside our organisation with whom we interact). We refer to this information throughout this privacy notice as personal data or personal information and further detail of what this includes are set out in this privacy notice below.
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us so we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected by us all times. Please read this privacy notice carefully as it explains how we may collect and use your personal data.
This privacy notice may vary from time to time so please check it regularly. This privacy notice was last updated on 25th May 2018.
What information we hold about you and where we obtain this from
The personal data that we collect about you may include the following information:
- Personal data you provide to us in person, via our website or by telephone
- Personal data you provide when you enquire about insurance, or when you purchase a policy, through us, including information about what and/or who you want to insure, such as vehicle details, business activities, your home or travel details
- General information about you, such as your name, address , contact details and date of birth
- Personal data you provide if you subscribe to any of our mailing or newsletter services
- Your claims and credit history
- Financial details, such as your bank account and card details
- Criminal convictions
- Information about your use of our website such as your IP address, which is a unique number identifying your computer, including personal data gathered using cookies.
We collect your personal data from you as a controller when we obtain quotations for insurance for you, when we setup your policy for you and when we make changes to your policy for you. This may also involve the collection of data from or about others who are associated with you and your insurance policy such as other persons insured on your policies or you employees or representatives. By giving us information about someone else for the purpose of arranging insurance for them under your policy such as named driver, employee or travel companion etc. You confirmed that you have their permission to do so and that you have shared this privacy notice with them.
By asking us to arrange a contract of insurance for you where this involves passing information to us relating to children, you confirm to us that in doing so you are the responsible guardian of the child.
We also collect information from publicly available sources and third party databases made available to the insurance industry for the purposes of reducing fraud and financial crime as well as any other third party databases where your personal data may be held, provided such third parties have a lawful basis on which to share such personal data with us.
How we use your personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
Where we are relying on a basis other than consent
We may rely on one or more of the following legal bases when processing your personal data for the following purposes:
We may exchange information with other insurers through various databases to help us check information provided and also prevent fraudulent claims.
Purposes for which we process your personal data
The basis on which we can do this (this is what the law allows)
|In order to perform our contractual obligations to you. This would include our fulfilling your requests for insurance services (including obtaining insurance for you, fulfilling requests for mid-term adjustments and obtaining renewals)||The processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us|
|To administer your account, including financial transactions for insurance broking||The processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us|
|To assist in the prevention and reduction of fraud and other financial crime||The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law and our legal requirements|
|In the interests of security and to improve our service, telephone calls you make to us may be monitored and/or recorded||The processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in the management and operation of our business|
Special categories of data and criminal convictions
We may also need to collect special categories of data from you, such as information about your health, in order to perform our contractual obligations to you. The lawful basis on which we can do this is that the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest relating to insurance. We may also collect information on criminal convictions which we may share with third parties. The lawful basis on which we can do this is that the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest relating to insurance.
How we contact you about other products and services
We may from time to time process your personal data to let you know about similar products and services that may be of interest to you. This is because we value your custom and we pride yourselves in offering professional and tailored advice which meets your specific insurance needs. This includes keeping you informed on the latest insurance and industry information and details of any offers or promotions relating to the insurance services we provide to you. We may also pass information about you to third parties and they may use the information held about you to provide you with information on other products and services which they feel may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, telephone or e-mail. You will be given the option to stop receiving any communications from us in this regard at any time however please note that this will not affect us contacting you about the servicing of products that you have specifically requested from us.
To opt in or opt out, or to amend your existing preferences, please visit https://www.aldium.co.uk/Aldium-updates
Who we pass your personal data to
We may need to pass your personal data to other companies which may include:
- The insurers, intermediaries and third party service providers that we use for the purpose of arranging and administering your insurance policy. This may also include risk management assessors, uninsured loss recovery agencies, premium finance providers and other third parties involved (directly or indirectly) in the administration of your insurance and its associated benefits
- Firms that provide administration and processing services to us or on our behalf under contract in order to complete activities such as claims handling, IT systems and administrative services and other activities set out in this privacy notice, as well as support activities such as finance and auditing services
- Organisations that have a specific role laid out in law, such as statutory bodies, regulatory authorities and other authorised bodies
- Other organisations where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law, for example if we received a valid request from the Police or other third party organisation in the interest of preventing and detecting crime
- Fraud prevention agencies and operators of registers available to the insurance industry to check information and prevent fraud
- Credit reference agencies to check your credit history. This check will be recorded on your credit reference file without affecting your ability to apply for credit or other financial products
- Third parties we use to recover money you may owe us or to whom we may sell your debt
- Third parties we use for any marketing material to which you are subscribed to who will act as a data processor on behalf of Aldium
The information you share with us may be transferred by us or any of the types of firms or organisations we have noted above, to other countries in order for processing to take place, including locations outside of the UK and the European Union. We will only do so if there are adequate levels of protection in place as required by applicable data protection laws.
We will only store your data for as long as is necessary to comply with the requirements of your insurance contract(s) and any legal obligations or lawful processing conditions that may exist as a result. You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, which you may ask us to observe. In some cases even when you make a request concerning your personal information, we may not be required, or be able to carry out your request as this may result in us not being able to fulfil our legal and regulator obligations under the lawful processing conditions under which we hold your data or because there is a minimum statuary period of time for which we have to keep your information. If this is the case, we’ll let you know our reasons.
You can ask us to:
- Provide a copy of your personal information
- Correct or delete unnecessary or inaccurate personal information
- Restrict or to object to the use of your personal information at any time
- Object to any automated decision, including profiling which may have been used by insurers when underwriting your quotation. Where an automated decision has been made we will advise you of this and of your rights
- Provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have your personal data transferred to another controller. This right only applies where our processing of your personal data is automated and the processing took place initially with your consent or for the performance of a contact with you
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or your data protection rights please contact us using our details set out at the beginning and end of this privacy notice.
You also have the right to make an enquiry or to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with our use of your data, or if you think we have breached a legal requirement. Further details about the ICO are available at: ico.org.uk
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and this allows web applications to respond to you as an individual.
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We may collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries. For more information visit http://www.google.com/analytics/support/index.html
- We may embed videos from a YouTube channel and this may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player. For more information visit http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies if you wish. However, if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, products or services.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy notice. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you then please write to The Compliance Manager, Aldium Insurance Services Ltd, Viscount House, High Street, Neston, Wirral, CH64 9AD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have a complaint about Aldium, please contact us at the following address:
The Compliance Manager
Aldium Insurance Services Ltd
Viscount House, High Street, Neston
Or click here to send an email