Helpie FAQ

ALDIUM Insurance

Frequently Asked Questions | Pub Insurance

  • Why do I need Pub insurance?

    There’s a lot to think about when you’re running a pub, whether it’s a local village pub, a bar, or a party venue. And one item on your to-do list should be making sure you’ve got the right insurance in place to protect you, your business and, your customers. We can arrange cover to protect your stock, fixtures and fittings, customers, money and more.

  • What is stock cover?

    For a pub, stock insurance covers all the items you sell, including wines, beers, spirits, and food. These are likely to be valuable and you should look to cover these.

  • What is Loss of Licence cover?

    Your pub couldn’t trade if you lost your licence leaving you in a difficult position. This insurance could cover you for some loss of earnings, if that ever happened because of reasons beyond your control.

    An example could include if your local council revoked your licence because of complaints about noise in the local area that wasn’t your fault. However you wouldn’t be covered, if you lost your licence for selling alcohol to underage drinkers because that’s illegal and was within your control.

  • Is cash covered?

    Money cover can form part of your bespoke pub package policy covering you for robbery during business hours or cash in transit to and from the bank, also theft of cash left in the tills overnight or in a locked safe, subject to specified amounts